Larry Kreider Leadership Podcast
Wes Dudley on Generational Differences
Navigating the tension between different generational groups can sometimes feel like a minefield. How do we overcome the common frustrations that come with generational differences? In today's episode, Wes Dudley and Larry Kreider break down the distinctions between each generation and discuss the importance of building bridges between each age group with a spirit of honor and service.
Wes Dudley is the executive pastor and young adult director of DOVE Westgate Church in Ephrata, Pennsylvania. He lives in Ephrata with his two children and wife, Juliana. Wes also serves on several committees for the Borough of Ephrata.
The 5 Generations:
- Greatest Generation
- Baby Boomers
- Gen X
- Gen Z
- Leaders need to be purposeful in bringing the generations together.
- When team building, look for any generational gaps you have at the table.
- Ask the younger generations, “What can I do to help you? How can I serve you and meet you where you are at? How can I help you succeed?”
- Colossians 3:13
- 1 Peter 2:9
- “In times of crisis the wise build bridges while the foolish build dams.” -African proverbs
- “I believe what really happens in history is this: the old man is always wrong; and the young people are always wrong about what is wrong with him. The practical form it takes is this: that, while the old man may stand by some stupid custom, the young man always attacks it with some theory that turns out to be equally stupid.” -G. K. Chesterton
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit larrykreider.com.
Brought to you by DOVE International of Larry Kreider Leadership Podcast